Job title: Feed Sales Adviser
AN Irwin Feeds Ltd. has been established for over 170 years and have been synonymous with offering high-quality prize-winning animal feed. The premises are located in the rural village of Eglish, 5 miles south of Dungannon, Co. Tyrone. The family run business has had a history of development and progress through successive generations of the Irwin family.
Irwin’s have a long-standing tradition of producing the highest quality feed and innovated nutrition for its dairy cows, beef, sheep, and goat herds, as well as in more recent times having its own horse feed and dog feed lines under the branding of Bluegrass.
The management is wishing to recruit a Feed Sales Advisor to join their existing sales team to grow sales, offering an immediate start, full time position. The successful candidate will work in conjunction with the existing sales team and management to contribute towards an already formulated business plan, with continual growth in mind. The role therefore will require a candidate with an engaging, friendly personality, who is goals focused and self motivated.
- Maximise sales of Ruminant Feed within a designated area.
- Manage new and existing accounts, providing a high standard of customer support.
- Provide nutritional advice to customers.
- Promoting and securing sales from existing and prospective customers.
- Providing technical on-farm support.
- Managing all aspects of customer accounts, liaising with all departments of the business (logistics, credit, and production).
Details of Function:
- Establishes, develops, and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers to generate new business and maintain existing accounts.
- Communicate with customers through telephone calls and in-person visits.
- Provide sound nutritional advice through on-going personal development and knowledge transfer.
- Develop prospective customers and collect information to determine their potential.
- Develops clear and effective proposals for current and prospective customers.
- Quickly resolves customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Aid sales and marketing department in the marketing and promotion of the business
- Partake in trade shows, displays and other events as directed by the management.
- Report any complaints or concerns to management.
- Manage time effectively and efficiently by forward planning your diary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to 3rd level education.
- BSc(Hons) or foundation degree in Animal Production Science, Agriculture or other related discipline is preferrable but not essential.
- Experience working within production agriculture is preferrable.
The role will require extensive travelling to customers premises and doing so at a time to suit them and so a flexible attitude towards working hours is essential.
2021 Graduates are welcome to apply.
Competitive Salary, Commission structure and benefits available.
Application forms can be accessed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org